[FX.php List] [OT] How to display special fonts in an HTML page

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Mar 22 08:27:16 MST 2006

This is probably easier than I'm making it, but so far I've had zero
luck:

I have a very big client who needs some pages displayed using
specific fonts and sizes. They've provided the fonts to me, which
I've installed in my Mac and used to design some simple test pages in
Dreamweaver.

The problem is that, even though Dreamweaver shows the fonts as I've
used them, when I go on the web, or preview in my browser, I see
generic fonts.

Am I mistaken, or isn't it possible to use special fonts in HTML
pages, provided the site visitor has the fonts installed on his
system? Since I have the fonts installed (one of them is Cheltenham,
for example), shouldn't I be able to see the pages with the
appropriate fonts?

Is there some special trick that I need to use in my HTML that will
make this work properly?

Thanks for any wisdom,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA SKYPE: