[FX.php List] Sluggish load time for query... part two...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Mar 20 15:03:04 MST 2006

On Mar 20, 2006, at 3:55 PM, Andy Gaunt wrote:

> Can you not do a single query to the database?

I'm in the process of taking the query out of the page and putting in
a blank page, so I can see how that works. However, in CDML, with the
exact same graphics, it always loaded in about 3-4 seconds, and
that's coming from fairly slow FileMaker Pro machines, same web server.

It's really discouraging; I haven't seen this from any other site
where I've used PHP... maybe there's something goofy in my page that
is causing this...

No unstored calcs; in fact, none of the fields that I'm searching on
have calcs. What I do is to mark the recent articles by checking a
field so that it equals "Yes". Then I search for these records (about
a dozen of them, usually) and display their titles on the home page.

The other 2 queries are the same, except that the search is on a
different field, again a non-calc field.

Puzzling...