[FX.php List] Sluggish load time for query... part two...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Mar 20 14:45:58 MST 2006

I decided to go ahead with my revamp of an existing site, and
implemented PHP throughout the site. Sometimes the queries seem to be
quick, sometimes not, but I don't think it's related to server load.

At any rate, I thought I'd post the link here for anyone to check
out; there are 3 queries on the page:

http://www.afm257.org

Query #1: searches for marked records among about 350 records;
displays the title of the article in a table at the top right of the
page
Query #2: searches for a marked record, shows its title, pulls in a
URL for loading an image, loads the image caption
Query #3: same as #2, but finds a 2nd marked record

There are only 350 records in this database, and these queries don't
even do searches within the articles' text. In all 3 cases they're
searching for records with a field marked "Yes"; this ought to be
quick, I'd think.

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA SKYPE: