[FX.php List] Update a field in all related records.

Scarpetta, Joe JScarpetta at NFPA.org
Wed Mar 15 05:49:44 MST 2006

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your recommendation. I already have a script that does
these things for those who use the FileMaker client internally. I guess
what I don't understand at this point is how to only perform an action
on the records that are identified from the original PHP query, or can I
pass a parameter to the script? Any direction appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
-----Original Message-----
From: fx.php_list-bounces at mail.iviking.org
[mailto:fx.php_list-bounces at mail.iviking.org] On Behalf Of Greg Lane
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:16 AM
To: FX.php Discussion List
Subject: Re: [FX.php List] Update a field in all related records.

Joe,

You could do all of this through FX.php, but my recommendation would be
to write a FileMaker script to do the work and then simply call that
script from FX.php. It will be simpler to write and debug and the
performance will likely be better as well.

Feel free to ask if you have questions about writing the FM script or
calling an FM script from PHP.

Greg