[FX.php List] FW: Records being deleted from Query

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Wed Mar 8 15:13:55 MST 2006

Rob & Joe,

A refresh re-loads a page just as it was loaded the first time,
including any post or get action that took place when the page
loaded. Thus any find will take place again, any edit will be
repeated, and any new-record creation will happen again. This is
expected behavior, even though it can cause unwanted results...
particularly with new record creation.

I can't imagine how a refresh could delete records all on its own.
Unless the page is specifically telling the FMP table to delete the
record (by record ID), how could this happen? And then, it couldn't
delete anything on refresh, because the refresh would re-post, and
fail when locating the record by ID the second time. And it could
only delete one record at at time, based on record ID match, not
multiple records.

Are the records really deleted, or are they somehow just no longer
being retrieved from FMSA on refresh? Can you find them if you log
into FMSA with an FMP client?

Hope this gets the thought process going,
Dale