[FX.php List] exact match

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Mon Mar 6 12:44:55 MST 2006

If you are trying to find exact data from FileMaker, this works well:
AddDBParam ('EmailFieldName', '="test"', "eq")

By default (in English at least) FileMaker doesn't care what the case is, so
if you search for "TeST", it will return a record with "test".  There is a
setting to change the language on a per-field basis ("Storage" tab under
"Define Fields").  If you change it to Unicode, the case will matter.  I
know for sure this affects the sorting with respect to case, but I remember
hearing that it also affects finds.

If you are trying to find exact matches through the PHP code, do what Andy
said.  Here's more info on PHP's comparison operators:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.comparison.php

Andrew Denman
TMEA IT Administrator
Phone: (512) 452-0710 x109