[FX.php List] Limit To Number of Queries

gerry.charest at agfa.com gerry.charest at agfa.com
Mon Mar 6 11:35:02 MST 2006

Andy,

Thanks for the $groupsize tip.  Is there a way to determine if the server
is timming out or if there is another problem?  Most of the queries are
only returning a few records.

Gerry Charest

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           "Andy Gaunt"             |
|         |           <andy at fmpug.com>         |
|         |           Sent by:                 |
|         |           fx.php_list-bounces at mail.|
|         |           iviking.org              |
|         |                                    |
|         |                                    |
|         |           03/06/2006 01:15 PM      |
|         |           Please respond to andy;  |
|         |           Please respond to "FX.php|
|         |           Discussion List"         |
|         |                                    |
|---------+------------------------------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       "'FX.php Discussion List'" <fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org>                                                   |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Gerry Charest/MJVYN/AGFA)                                                                             |
  |       Subject:  RE: [FX.php List] Limit To Number of Queries                                                                |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Gerry,

There is not a limit as such on the number of queries, although the more
you
do the more load you put on FileMaker and run the risk of getting timeout
errors.

As to getting around the max 50 records the best thing is to create a
variable for the group size

$groupsize = 'x', where x is the number of records to display (you can also
say all)

Eg

Then, add the $groupsize to your query

$query -> SetDBData('databasename',$layout, $groupsize);

Andy Gaunt
T: 407.810.4722
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

Recipient of FileMaker's 2005 "Mad Dog" Public Relations Award

For chapter locations, dates & times please visit the website at
http://www.fmpug.com If you can make it to a meeting, please RSVP at
http://www.fmpug.com/rsvp.php