[FX.php List] AddSortParam not working

Andy Gaunt andy at fmpug.com
Sat Mar 4 09:06:45 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

Seems this little issue keeps rearing its ugly little head and may be
another issue still with the FX.PHP running on FMS8A.

If you are using FX.PHP and running FMS8A please let us know if you have any
issues with scripts ignoring your Sort settings.

This only applies if you use the

$query -> AddSortParam('Your Field','sort order');

This is an intermittent issue which appears to resolve itself after a period
of time (anywhere from 1-several hours). We are right now running a looping
test on the FMPug website to see if we can find a pattern. We are capturing
the array data returned to FX.PHP after a query attempting to sort a set of
records in ascending order.

So far we have seen the issue on Windows Server based machines. If you do
have any issues, please let us know along with your server machine spec.

Andy Gaunt
T: 407.810.4722
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

Recipient of FileMaker's 2005 "Mad Dog" Public Relations Award

For chapter locations, dates & times please visit the website at
http://www.fmpug.com If you can make it to a meeting, please RSVP at
http://www.fmpug.com/rsvp.php