[FX.php List] [OFF] IIS Worker Process closing on FMSA server?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 1 18:39:46 MST 2006

Hi all

Not an FX.php issue, but I thought maybe someone here may have run
across this...

A client's server (a new Dell PowerEdge 2800) sometimes displays
multiple copies of the following error message on login (each for a
different date/time):

IIS Worker Process:
IIS Worker Process encountered a problem and needed to close.
This error occured on (date/time)

The error report shows:

Error signature
   szAppName: w3wp.exe   szAppVer: .0.3790.1830   szModName: unknown
   szModVer: 0.0.0.0   offset: 01b65e30

I've googled both IIS Worker Process and w3wp.exe, but can't figure
out how to stop this problem.

Has anybody else seen this?  Any fixes?  Do we need to reinstall/re-
enable IIS?

FWIW, there don't seem to be any problems with the site itself.  It's
just when we log into the server machine that we see the error messages.

(This is a one-machine FMSA/WPE setup)

TIA,
-Joel

Joel Shapiro - FileMaker Pro Database Design
joelshapiro at jsfmp dot com
http://www.jsfmp.com