[FX.php List] container file reference

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Mon Jun 5 08:02:14 MDT 2006

Hi Pete,

If this is purely a web-based solution, you could store a path to the
file in a text field and use that to allow users to retrieve or
display the file, depending on what type of file it is.

If this is a situation where users are also viewing container-field
contents client-server, then it's not so easy. It looks like the
"insert file" script step can't set the contents of a container field
to the text path in a field. If it could, you could capture the path
to the file with FX, put it in a text field, and then call a
FileMaker script to display it in the container field. Maybe there's
another way to do this same thing. Anyone else tackled this one?

Regards,
Dale Bengston