[FX.php List] Newbie: Making a form

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun Jul 30 09:28:44 MDT 2006

1. You need to refer to 2 files in the FX folder; your code should
begin like this:

<?php
include_once('FX/server_data.php');
include_once('FX/FX.php');

Otherwise, FX.php won't be able to process your PHP code.

2. Change $_REQUEST to $_POST.

------

When you get stuck like this, a good first step is to make sure
you're getting your variables from your form, like this:

echo $_POST['FirstName'];

This is almost NEVER the problem in a scenario like this, so you
might instead do this:

$firstname=$_POST['FirstName'];

Then you can echo $firstname whenever you want to use it; I use this
all the time so that I can plug the name into the processing page
whenever I want to, like this, perhaps:

Hello, <?php echo $firstname; ?>!

This embeds the name into that sentence.

Hope this helps,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

On Jul 29, 2006, at 6:17 PM, Edward L. Ford wrote:

>>> <?php
>>> if($_REQUEST['ButtonPressed']=='New Continue'){
>>>       include_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "bumo/cfa-mel/
>>> FX.php");                          include_once($_SERVER
>>> ['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "bumo/cfa-mel/