[FX.php List] Newbie: Making a form

Edward L. Ford elford at cs.bu.edu
Fri Jul 28 13:47:06 MDT 2006

Greetings,

I'm just getting started with using FX.php.  I've got the basics of
displaying records down, but I'm trying to figure out how to get data
from a user into the database.  How do I make an HTML form interact with
PHP?  For instance, if I have a form that has a field for Last Name, how
do I get the data from that field into a PHP variable?  When I get it
into a variable, I'm sure I can handle the rest.

An additional consideration in my situation is, can I have the form on a
strictly HTML page, and then have the PHP parsing take place on another
page /after/ the user clicks a submit button?  This would be a great
help because of certain specific circumstances of how I need to use this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
--Ed Ford