[FX.php List] NEW FMPHP API

Stephen Knight stephen at fmwebschool.com
Thu Jul 27 07:58:49 MDT 2006

Hi David,

No need to be terrified :)

The differences between the two APIs are at this time restricted to their
design. PHPAPI is a much more object oriented API which was professionally
designed, making it much more friendly when it comes to trapping errors.
Initially it takes some time to get used to the idea of creating objects for
different calls, but in the end it can make the code much more organized.

At this time I do not see many great new features in the PHPAPI, with the
exception of better validation of data - which I personally prefer to use
pure PHP for. I would suggest using the new PHPAPI to learn better object
oriented practices and write PHP classes around that structure - making your
classes reusable from one project to the next.

In Kindness
Stephen K Knight
http://www.fmwebschool.com <http://www.fmwebschool.com/>
800.353.7950 / 386.453.5843