[FX.php List] DevCon closing keynote on Zend Framework. Thoughts?

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed Jul 26 13:31:04 MDT 2006

Joel,

I honestly don't know exactly what will be covered, and even with
knowledge, I'm not sure that I could give you infallible advice.
Personally, I've always enjoyed at least parts of the closing keynote
and found it informative.  On the other hand, I can appreciate the
expense of that extra night...

That said, as this is a keynote, I think that it would tend to be
more strategic.  After all, this is a general session which most
everyone will be present.  Of course, there will be numerous
technical sessions related to PHP and FileMaker as well.  Finally, in
my experience there are usually a few tidbits in that closing session
that make me say "oh, wow!"

So, as I see it your decision is really whether that strategic
overview and wow factor are worth the cost of the hotel stay.
Personally, I would stay.  I enjoy those closing sessions and getting
news second hand just isn't quite the same.  YMMV

HTH

Chris Hansen
Application Developer
The Moyer Group
chansen at moyergroup.com
http://www.moyergroup.com/
-
Creator of FX.php
"The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
http://www.iViking.org/
-
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer