[FX.php List] PHP FX neophytes needs help

Don W. Yee dwyee at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 21 13:12:04 MDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to PHP and FX.  I going through FM Webschool's book about the
subject and I'm really stuck.  I downloaded the sample files from
Iviking and got them working on my FM server.  I could browse the
book database just fine.  Going through the tutorials on page 116
"Testing Your FX.php I connection", I'm just getting a blank page
when I test the page.  What am I doing wrong?

  I'm sure I have all server IP addresses and the Web Companion port
number entered correctly in "server_data.php".  Here's the code for
"fxtest.php".

<head>
charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<title>Testing the FX.php Connection</title>
</head>
<?php

include_once ('FX/FX.php');
include_once ('FX/server_data.php');

$testfx = new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort);
$testfx -> SetDBData ('Book_list.fp7','Detail_View');
$testfx ->  SetDBPassword ($webPW,$webUN);
$testfxResult = $testfx -> FMFindany ();
echo $testfxResult ['errorCode'];

?>

Thanks in advance.

Don