[FX.php List] PHP API

Matthew White mattw at netfriends.net
Wed Jul 19 12:57:06 MDT 2006

We can't use php's odbc handlers because they don't work with fm's driver,
i.e. Odbc_prepare etc.  We have to send raw sql commmands.

We believe we have actually been able to hang the odbc interface in FMS and
crash FMS by sending too many simultaneous odbc calls. (using a threaded
python app)

The sql is a little squirely as far as syntax goes with fm.  If you have a
field name that start with a _ you are hosed.  I could go on.

Overall, I have not been overwhelmed with odbc in FMS but I have not found a
lot of arena's to discuss the issues with other developers.

matt

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org