[FX.php List] Displaying & Updating comments

AC ac at pottnerconsulting.ca
Tue Jul 18 11:29:37 MDT 2006

Sorry if this screws something up, I had to copy it from the website
and then e-mail it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Real the sample that is in FX.zip?"
If you're asking if I can update regular text fields the answer is yes.
Am I using the latest copy of FX, yes.
Are you saying there's a sample file in the FX folder that shows how to
display & update a comment field that may contain HTML code, if so
could you tell which file specifically?
If you're suggesting that I should read the documentation that came
with FX, I have.

Just to clarify my problem, when I use the command
<? echo('<P><FONT SIZE="+1">' . $ResultOne['Comment'][0] .
'</FONT></P>' . "\r\n"); ?>
and the comment includes text like "<B>" it turns all text after it to
bold.

I used the htmlentities() & str_replace() which fixed the problem for
display purposes, however I can't seem to get this to work for updating
records.
If the user types
a'a"a\a
into the comment field, then the database will contain the text
a\'a\"a\\a

I tried using
$Search->AddDBParam('Comment', str_replace('\\\\', '\\',
str_replace('\"', '"', str_replace("\'", "'", $_REQUEST['Comment']))));
which works unless a user uses the funny single or double quotes.  I
assume there's an easier way to do this and I was hoping someone could
point me in the right direction.

ggt667 at gmail.com  wrote:
Real the sample that is in FX.zip?

ggt667