[FX.php List] Search problems

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed Jul 12 16:30:46 MDT 2006

On 13/7/06 12:48 AM, "Andrew Denman" <adenman at tmea.org> wrote:

> Just to clarifyŠ the Œeq¹ parameter is working correctly: it is matching the
> word ³fiction², it¹s just that FM8 sees ³non-fiction² as two words.
>
> You can send any of the special search symbols to FM8 in your search query.
> The Œ=¹ is an exact match, Œ==¹ is a field content match, ŒŠ¹ is a range, and
> so on.  If you want a for sure match each time, the paranoid way to set up the
> search string is:
>
> $type = Œ==²¹ . $_GET[Œtype¹] . Œ²¹;
> $FMQuery->AddDBParam(³Category², $type, ³eq²);
>
> It would be like entering Œ==²non-fiction²¹ in a FileMaker client.
>

> Andrew Denman

Actually, using ³==² doesn¹t work ­ you only need to supply one ("="). In
the end, I went for Bob¹s version, which is to add it in the FX call itself:

$FMQuery->AddDBParam(³Category², ³=².$type, ³eq²);

The other way works, but changes the contents of the $type variable itself,
rather than extending it for submission to FM. As I reuse that variable on
the page in the breadcrumbs, having it read ³=Fiction² wasn¹t quite what I
was after!

I've confirmed that it's not an FX problem, as doing a find on "Fiction" in
FM itself returns the same results as FX. It's clearly a difference between
v6 and v7/8.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.