[FX.php List] Search problems

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Tue Jul 11 21:41:41 MDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm moving some more simple databases from v6 to v8, and have come across
another problem. The db conversion went fine, and after the traumas of my
first go-round, web access is also fine.

However, one of my searches is now returning unreliable results. I've got a
book database which I query for either fiction or non-fiction titles via a
GET request, using the same page template to display the results. The
relevant code looks something like this:

$type = $_GET['type'];
$groupSize = 10;
$FMQuery = new FX($serverIP, $webCompanionPort, "FMPro7");
$FMQuery->SetDBData("Library_Books.fp7", "web", $groupSize);
$FMQuery->AddDBParam("Category", $type, "eq");
$FMQuery->AddSortParam("Date", "descend");
$ReturnedData = $FMQuery->FMFind();

The problem is that if $type == "Non-Fiction", the results are OK; if $type
== "Fiction", it returns a mix of fiction and non-fiction results, even
though I'm forcing "eq" for the operator. Has this syntax changed since
version 6? Is the fact that Non-Fiction contains a hyphen a problem? (I'm
sure it worked fine with v6, though it's possible that it had this issue
then too and I just never noticed it.)

Anyway, all help greatly appreciated!

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.