[FX.php List] Re: FX.php_List Digest, Vol 24, Issue 1

John Lannon jlannon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 07:32:39 MDT 2006

Gjermund,

I've experimented with using the shell plug-in and several open-source
commandline utilities (iconv, base64, cURL, wget to name a few) to exchange
XML data with UPS.

Not sure if this would be a solution to your problem, but I have used the
shell plug-in from abstrakt to invoke a base64 commandline utility to
convert encoded text to binary data. I'll then use an insert file script
step to get the binary data into filemaker. I store path statements and file
names in variables such that I can tell filemaker where to find the data.

You're likely looking for a more elegant means of achieving this, however,
this method can be effecttive.

Regards,
John