[FX.php List] malloc errror from fx.php with PHP5 on Mac OS X Server

David Milley MILLEY at email.chop.edu
Mon Jan 30 15:03:34 MST 2006

I've encountered a problem using fx.php with PHP5 on Mac OS X Server
that I can't seem to find documentation to solve. I've been developing
an in-house application using PHP 4.3.11, but an incoming vendor
application requires the PHP5 XML libraries, so I need to make the move
to 5.

Standard fx.php code causes the problem:

$person = '1234';
$handle = new FX('XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX', '80', 'FMPro7');
$handle->SetDBData("database.fp7", "web_layout");
$handle->SetDBUserPass ( "SpecialAccount", "SpecialAccountPassword");
$handle->AddDBParam("Name", $person);
$handledata=$handle->FMFind();

produces this result:

*** malloc[17638]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x213158c;
This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
[Thu Jan 19 16:32:47 2006] [notice] child pid 17638 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Tracking through the code line-by-line, I've found that it's the
FMFind() line that throws the error -- as does FMFindall and the rest.

I'm using the Marc Liyanage install of PHP 5.0.4 on Mac OS X Server
running Apache 1.3.33.

I've tested these files using PHP 5.0.4 on Mac OS X (not Server)
running Apache 1.3.33, with no problem  -- also no problem running on
Win2000 with PHP 5.04 and Apache 1.3.33.

I'll admit to being mystified, particularly since this problem only
arises (so far) in this configuration when I try to use fx.php.  Other
PHP apps seem unaffected.

Any help would be welcome.

Dave
--
David Milley, Web Technical Developer
Stokes Research Institute, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia