[FX.php List] Server 8 Advanced

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Wed Jan 4 08:52:02 MST 2006

We received FMSA8 last week as well.  Yesterday's install on our Windows
machine went well, except I was using the backup/restore settings tools, and
it made the default database directory in the old FMS folder instead of the
new one.  I ended up uninstalling and starting from scratch.  No big deal
there.

The only problem I have had with fx.php so far is one database that the web
user can write to, but cannot see anything from.  Therefore, when an 'add'
is submitted, a blank record is returned, and for whatever reason the data
that FMSA8 returns makes fx.php crash.

The error given is 'FX: ExecuteQuery XML error: Invalid document end at line
2' and it occurs when it goes through the xml parser in the fx.php code
(from what I can tell - around line 1262 in fx.php).  I went in and made the
crashing function return the data anyway (to test), and it returns the
fx.php array just like it did for FMSA7.  Don't quite know how to fix that,
so I'll leave it to those in the know.

Other than that, I haven't noticed any performance hits.

Andrew Denman