[FX.php List] AddSortParam not working

Stephen Grant steve at grant.cc
Wed Feb 22 23:26:43 MST 2006

I am having the same problem that Andy reported.  FX + FM8..  It appears to
ignore the AddSortParam

Has anyone else seen this?  Its now causing me substantial grief :-(

Here is a snip of the PHP Code:

include_once('FX/FX.php');

include_once('FX/server_data.php');

$productid=$_POST['productid'];

$groupSize='50';

$try=new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort,'FMPro8');

$try->SetDBData('test.fp7','test',$groupSize);

$try->SetDBPassword('','admin');

$try->AddDBParam('productid',$productid);

$try->AddSortParam('rank','ascend');

$tryResult=$try->FMFind();

echo $tryResult['errorCode'];

The TEST database contains four numeric fields. Rank is one of them. The
resulting find returns the entry order and is not sorted. Of course, if I
specify a sort on an invalid field it blows up. So the information appears
to be being parsed over correctly but the actual sort is not occurring.

Help?