[FX.php List] FX.php and textarea problem

Earl Cook ecook at lasersol.com
Wed Feb 22 13:36:08 MST 2006

I have had to create a routine in my FileMaker client that parses all text
before being submitted. Tried the routine Michael uses and it did not work
in all situations. So, I use PatternCount and Substitute on the following
characters...

1    ¹    '
1    Π   '
1    ³    "
1    ²    "
1    å    a
1    ø    o
1    ë    e
1    é    e
1    ó    o
1    á    a
1    í    i
1    ä    a
1    ö    o
1    ü    u
1    ß    b
1    %     percent
1    ¹s    's
1    ¹t    't

Note that I had to even add 's and 't to the list yesterday. I also know
that there are probably more coming.  The '1' is a flag where I can turn
each character on or off for checking. I built the routine so that I can
send an updated text file and my clients can then simply import it and have
a new set of characters for checking.

In my case, where I am using Troi URL, it simply does not create a record
and will sometimes crash my client, so the problem can be nasty.

Earl Cook

Laser Solutions, Inc.
Technical and Creative Solutions since 1986
Celebrating 20 years March 3, 2006!

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org