[FX.php List] Multiple Search Requests / Constrain Found Set

Mark Slosarek mark at mcservices.com
Sat Feb 11 09:43:02 MST 2006

Hi all,

I am working on a problem that has been buggin me for a few days. It is
a realestate search site. I want to perform a search similar to this:

type = "Single-Family" and Price < 200000 and (zipcode = 12345 or
zipcode = 54321)

In filemaker I could find the larger set and then constrain found set
based on the zipcode or I could make muliple search requests for each
search combination. Is there any way to do this with fx.php?

I tried adding multiple AddDBParam('zipcode', '#####'), but this looks
for records that have every value, resulting in no found set.

I tried using a AddDBParam('-lop', 'or'), but this results with records
that match any of the requests not just the zipcode requests.

I tried using running a script that would constrain my found set, but it
doesn't seem to work when I run the script through fx.php

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark