[FX.php List] reading values from global storage

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Wed Aug 30 08:30:00 MDT 2006

FX should be able to read global values, the problem is likely that
the value is just empty from FX.php's point of view.

If the files are NOT hosted by a server, but opened directly in a
client, is there a value in the global? Whatever value is in the
global in this state (opened directly by client FMP), is the value
that "sticks" in the global, and does not change on the server once
the files are opened and hosted by the server. Global fields in FMP
have very little value in a web environment (unless you're looking
specifically for frustration ;-) - they only have value in the FMP
client environment.