[FX.php List] Obscuring the recid on URL links

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Fri Aug 25 10:40:30 MDT 2006

I feel that I should know this by now, but still have a question on
how to create links that do not reveal recid's in URL links.

I understand how to use hidden input fields to hide recids on forms.
No problem there.

However, on links that use URLs (list.php?recid=12345), what methods
are used to not review the recid?

I did try a method where I use 20 character randomly generated ID
instead of the recid, and it works fine.  The 20 character ID still
appears in the URTL, but with 20 characters, it represent a security
risk...I think.

Am I missing some basic concept or technique in this area?

Thanks

Jonathan

--

Jonathan Schwartz