[FX.php List] Speeding up page display

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Fri Aug 25 10:39:45 MDT 2006

I've had a lot of success with using Smarty to help cache FMP
results. Caching avoids a database call.

http://smarty.php.net
also, check the wiki for a writeup a did a few years back with my
specific requirements (which were similar to yours):
http://smarty.incutio.com/?page=CacheAndCompile

If your HTML data doesn't change that much (meaning you're storing it
in an FMP database because of organization rather than "update-
ability"), Smarty has the ticket for you.

It's a little learning up front but you should be able to get FMP
results to cache within 1 or two hours of grabbing the Smarty
codebase and following their great crash course.

Of course, there are other, more basic caching systems out there that
will help you write your FMP output into raw HTML to disk and have it
served as raw HTML from then on unless you "flip a switch" to let the
page request go to the database.

try googling php caching tutorial

dan