[FX.php List] RE: Layout Missing

Dr. Andrew J. Fallon afallon at carolina.rr.com
Fri Aug 25 10:34:16 MDT 2006

> After spending the whole day with data and trying to figure out this

> problem I think I may have happened on the error.

> I found this       epated in a field of data.  The square is

> Unicode 0017 (Java programmer friend of mine helped me with that.)

> I am not sure how it got into the text field but I_m wondering how do

> I modify fx.php to catch these (I found a few more) and either delete

> or do something else with them.

Have you considered doing a search and replace on all fields and all records
for this character (in FM)?

Sadly I didn’t until later. I then did do that search but it took a while.
There are over 300 layuouts alone in

The Main.fp5 file and well over 3000 fields. (In addition theres another 12
files that make up the whole system

With multiple layouts and fields).

Instead I added the character to the fx.php file

Line 129      var $invalidXMLChars = array("\x0B", "\x0C", "\x12", "");

As another submitted question is there anyway to add multiple layouts to the

SetDBDate() function?  I have data I want to extrude on different layouts.

I have tried multiple $query->SetDBData(), which changes the layout as I
parse through

The whole DB but this seems very slow. NOT as slow as doing a
$query->SetDBData(‘Main’, ‘’, ‘ALL’)

And pulling in every field. Im just trying to optimize speed now to the
search.

Drew