[FX.php List] PHP installer solution movie and help guide setupphp and cURL in 5 Minutes

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Wed Aug 23 09:12:14 MDT 2006

Oh yeah, and speed. I forgot something to complain about  ;-)

The different coding for FX or PHP API vs MySQL is annoying, but I
can live with it. The speed becomes a deal breaker pretty quickly
though. The XML parsing is only a tiny fraction of the time taken -
the bulk of it is taken up by FMS creating and returning the dataset
in XML to begin with. If they could just make it half as fast? A
quarter? Then maybe we wouldn't need to use MySQL as a buffer for FMP.

On Aug 23, 2006, at 8:42 AM, Stephen Knight wrote:

> Another important issue is that the difference is not noticeable in a
> regular application since at high data volumes you should be
> looking at a
> hybrid between MySQL and FileMaker instead of using just FileMaker
> - and
> since MySQL has a binary transfer interface it can easily insert or
> find a
> hundred thousand or more records a second.

Derrick Fogle
derrick at fogles.net