[FX.php List] Creating summaries on the fly,

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Aug 22 20:42:27 MDT 2006

I've created a form that loops through the found set and creates
summaries on the fly, but here's a question:

My client wants percentages next to each summary; the rub, however,
is that I don't know the total for the "category" until all the
subsummaries are done. In other words, it's like this:

Car model A ---- total=3
Car model B ---- total =7

Total car models = 10

So how do I go back and put 30% next to Car Model A, since I don't
have the total <10> until all 10 records are looped through?

Would the only way be to use some Javascript to put the values there?

Thanks list,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954