[FX.php List] Accessing summary fields?

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Mon Aug 21 08:05:32 MDT 2006

Hey Bob,

FX.PHP will return as many records as you ask it for, by including a
number or the word 'all' in the first parameter. I have summarized as
many as 12,000 records with FX... and that was using FMUv6. The
situation I was dealing with was summarizing invoice line items by
product by month by customer. I recall someone on this list was
processing even more records than this.

For a huge found set like this, it's key to use a layout that only
has the necessary fields. Also, you may have to increase the PHP
default timeout to make sure it doesn't give up while all that XML is
being retrieved. The shift in thinking is, often times the number of
records you're retrieving FX.PHP and processing with PHP can be far
greater than what you're displaying on the page.

Hope this helps,
Dale