[FX.php List] How to return large chunk of HTML

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Sat Aug 19 14:23:08 MDT 2006

Den 19/08/2006 kl. 19.35 skrev DC:

Yes!!!

I had similar trouble when starting a new project (my first with
FMSA7), ...until someone (sorry can't credit the right person) gave
the exact same tip.

Chris, if you read this, consider including this as a valuable hint
somewhere in the docs for FX.php

After changing charset to UTF-8 all my troubles with text changing
between FM and php just vanished.
No more messing with add/stripslashes(), htmlentities() or similar
'evil'

The project I mentioned is now up. I have some text fields in FM
containing html tags and european accented characters (æøåé etc.).
The text renders as expected with no coercing at all (well maybe a
little nl2br()), and I have editing forms in html which accept plain
text with the aforementioned chars also with no tricks. The text is
submitted as is to FM, and is stored as expected, so it can be viewed/
edited in FM client.

UTF-8 is your friend!

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
6705 Esbjerg Ø

Privat Tel: 75150512
Mobil: 40161183

---
»Hvis du ikke kan forklare det simpelt, forstår  du det ikke godt nok.«
-- Albert Einstein

»Hvis du ikke har tid til at gøre det rigtigt, hvornår vil du så have
tid til at lave det om?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach