[FX.php List] Updating repeating field with AddDBParam

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed Aug 9 10:58:08 MDT 2006

Jack,

You're very close if I'm remembering correctly.  Of course, as with
any edit you need to specify the Record ID of the record that you're
modifying.  For the individual repetitions, however, you need to
specify which repetition to edit.  In FileMaker 5/6 this was done by
appending ".repNo" to each edit.  So, your loop would look like this:

$i = 1;
foreach ($_POST['viewTypes'] as $key => $value) {
     $imageQuery->AddDBParam('View Type.' . $i, $value);
     $i++;
}

I'm not 100% sure of that, but I think it's right.  As I recall the
"FieldName(RelRecID).RepNo" syntax was new with FM7.  It does make
sense though, since the old way doesn't allow for repeating fields
within portals.  Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem and
I'll dig some more...

Best,

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org