[FX.php List] problem using email address as username

William Akey wcakey at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 30 16:15:06 MDT 2006

Hi Folks,

My database is set up with email address as username for web access.
However, I always get a 401 error when I log in with an email address as the
username. With define (DEBUG, true) set, here is the URL that I get:
Using FileMaker URL:
http://jana@pubink.com:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=SPC_Faculty.fp7&-lay=fac_web_logon&-max=50&dbUser=jana%40pubink.com&dbPass=password&-find

Since I get a 401 error, I assume that access to the database is not the
problem, but rather that the record (which exists) cannot be found. I am
guessing this is because of the way the email address is encoded at the end
of the URL above. That is, the " %40" which replaces the "@" sign that
should be there instead.

I have tried a number of php encoding functions (urlencode, rawurlencode,
utf-8_encode, etc.), but none of them solve the problem. I have also spent a
couple of hours seaching the web, but without finding a solution.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

William