[FX.php List] How to avoid dead ends

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Sun Apr 23 23:44:10 MDT 2006

Hi folks,

With all the fx.php examples and training resources available, I'm
starting to get the hang of this beast. ;-)

However, I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this challenge:
Once a user has traveled down this common path....
	2) DisplayFound List
	3) Next>>Next>>Etc.
	4) View Detail
	5)Edit Record>>>Edit Response

...what is the best way to get back to the original found list (Step
2) to allow the user to continue the record review? Right now, I have
a dead end at the end of step 5.  Hitting the back button a handful
of time probably is not the best solution. I suppose that I could
include the original search form and require the user to recreate the
search.  That's not good either.

Common sense tells me that the query could be saved in variable
somewhere, along with the id of the last viewed record.  A button or
a redirect after the edit response should get the user back.

Or.....not.

Any wisdom on this one?

Thanks for the help.

Jonathan