[FX.php List] FMSA8 & FX.php - new install won't connect

Brian Gray brian at briangray.org
Sun Apr 23 15:00:52 MDT 2006

I am new to FX.php and FileMaker Server 8  (although I have used earlier versions of FileMaker).

I am having some trouble with a new installation of FX.php, and would like to get some pointers to information that would help me figure out what's wrong.

The environment:
FM8SA (with v1 update, version 8.0.1.28) and IIS on a Win 2003 server  (internal IP address 207.13.49.11)
FX.php on a RedHat Linux ES-4 box running Apache 2.0.52 and PHP 4.3.9 (internal IP address 207.13.49.27)

I've verified that the FM8SA IWP and CWP feature is working:
1) The Book_List.fp7 shows up in the list of available databases for IWP, and I can open the file and use it via IWP.  Other databases also work through IWP.
2) I downloaded and installed the Event Planner CWP demo from FileMaker.  It too runs correctly.

I am running several other PHP applications on the Linux box, so I know that it is running correctly.

The problem seems to be in the interaction between FX.php and my (new) FM8SA installation.

Book_List.fp7 does have user Admin in Privilege Set [Full Access], which has fmxml and fmxslt privileges on.

However, when I try to access Book_List via FX.php, I get an error:
    [message] => FX: cURL could not retrieve Post data in RetrieveFM7Data(). A bad URL is the most likely reason.   in /var/www/html/FX/FX.php at line 590
(Complete error message below.)

Based on messages found in the archives of this listserv, I made two changes to try to diagnose the problem.  First, in index.php, I set  $useCURL to false.  That resulted in a different error message, but did not solve the problem.  That message is:
    [message] => FX: Could not fsockopen the URL in retrieveFM7Data   in /var/www/html/FX/FX.php at line 612.
(Complete error message below)

Second, I turned debugging on.  The message and link that appear at the top of the form is:
    Using FileMaker URL: http://Admin:@207.13.49.11:/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Book_List.fp7&-lay=Book_List&-max=50&-findall

When I click on the link in the browser, I am presented with a pop-up dialog that says: "You are about to log into site 207.13.49.11 with username Admin."  When I click on OK, I am presented with the correct, current XML data.

I would not expect to see a dialog asking if it is OK to log into the FileMaker server.  I suspect that is what is making the PHP script fail, but I don't know what to do about it.

Any advice you can offer and any links to the stuff I should be reading will be appreciated.

bkg

Screen content with useCURL = true and DEBUG = true

Accessing FileMaker Pro 7 data.

Using FileMaker URL: http://Admin:@207.13.49.11:/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Book_List.fp7&-lay=Book_List&-max=50&-findall

iViking FX -- Book List Demo Page
Author 	Title 	Pages

fx_error Object
(
    [error_message_prefix] =>
    [mode] => 1
    [level] => 1024
    [code] => 100
    [message] => FX: cURL could not retrieve Post data in RetrieveFM7Data(). A bad URL is the most likely reason.
    [userinfo] =>
    [backtrace] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/www/html/FX/FX.php
                    [line] => 590
                    [function] => fx_error
                    [class] => fx_error
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => cURL could not retrieve Post data in RetrieveFM7Data(). A bad URL is the most likely reason.
                        )

                )

            [1] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/www/html/FX/FX.php
                    [line] => 1347
                    [function] => retrievefm7data
                    [class] => fx
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => -findall
                        )

                )

            [2] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/www/html/FX/FX.php
                    [line] => 1529
                    [function] => executequery
                    [class] => fx
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => -findall
                        )

                )

            [3] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/www/html/FX/FX.php
                    [line] => 1758
                    [function] => fmaction
                    [class] => fx
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => -findall
                            [1] => 1
                            [2] => full
                            [3] => 1
                        )

                )

            [4] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/www/html/FX/index.php
                    [line] => 51
                    [function] => fmfindall
                    [class] => fx
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

                )

        )

    [callback] =>
)

Screen content with useCURL = false and DEBUG = true

Accessing FileMaker Pro 7 data.

Using FileMaker URL: http://Admin:@207.13.49.11:/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Book_List.fp7&-lay=Book_List&-max=50&-findall

iViking FX -- Book List Demo Page
Author 	Title 	Pages

fx_error Object
(
    [error_message_prefix] =>
    [mode] => 1
    [level] => 1024
    [code] => 100
    [message] => FX: Could not fsockopen the URL in retrieveFM7Data
    [userinfo] =>
    [backtrace] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/www/html/FX/FX.php
                    [line] => 612
                    [function] => fx_error
                    [class] => fx_error
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => Could not fsockopen the URL in retrieveFM7Data
                        )

                )

            [1] => Array
                (