[FX.php List] [OT]Accepting Credit Card Payments

Marisa Smith marisa at datasmithconsulting.net
Sat Apr 15 04:09:51 MDT 2006

I'm looking into accepting credit card payments by my own clients,
and am trying to find a good, low-cost solution for just a few
transactions per year, and it has to WORK WITH A MAC.  I have had
several people I know recommend using Quickbooks, which I already use
for my accounting, but it is not available in the Macintosh version
of Quickbooks.  I also looked at the eAuthorize plugin from Waves In
Motion for FMSA, but it is also only for Windows.

I'm really only thinking of offering this because of a few payment
delays I've had working with educational institutions that have a
complex PO/check-cutting process.  In some cases, it's taken me hours
of effort to coordinate payment of a simple invoice, that I could
have just had charged to their Purchasing Card.  Most of the merchant
accounts out there seem geared to high-volume point of sale
businesses, so I wondered if anyone could point me in the right
direction for a low-volume solution?  I'd rather have a personal
recommendation from people with similar business interests to start
with since I came up with thousands of hits when I did a google search.

Thanks in advance.
Marisa

P.S.  I'm not looking to integrate this with my own website, although
I'm not against that idea.  For the number of times I would use this,
I'm just as happy to write their number down, login somewhere, and
hand-enter the transaction for processing.

Marisa Smith, President
DataSmith Consulting, LLC
9206 Huron River Drive
Dexter, MI 48130
Phone & Fax: (734) 426-8077
http://www.datasmithconsulting.net
Filemaker Solutions Alliance Associate Member