[FX.php List] Simple question that's stumping me...

Steve Hannah shannah at sfu.ca
Mon Apr 10 11:46:28 MDT 2006

Hi Bob,

> I thought that specifying "model=123" was the same as getting it
> from a form's output; isn't there a way to type in a URL that's the
> same as inputting a value in a simple one-field form?

This is almost correct.  Specifying model=123 is the same as
inputting a value in a simple one-field form where *method="GET"*.
These variables will appear in the $_GET array.  To pass $_POST
variables you must submit a form.

There was a thread last week talking about ways to pass $_POST
variables by clicking a link.  The method that was suggested in that
thread was to have a form with a hidden field, then create a link
that submits the form from javascript.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Steve Hannah