[FX.php List] Simple question that's stumping me...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Apr 10 11:39:42 MDT 2006

I've got a query that returns a long list; what my client would like
is to have a link on each result in the results table, that would re-
query the database using the product serial number that they click
on, which should trim the search results down to 2 or 3 records.

I thought that I could create a link that says "search_results.php?
model=123" and then the database would be re-queried using the model
# that I specify in my created link. However, when I do that, my
$_POST variable doesn't show any value.

I thought that specifying "model=123" was the same as getting it from
a form's output; isn't there a way to type in a URL that's the same
as inputting a value in a simple one-field form?

I know this is elementary, but it's stopped me in my tracks all of a
sudden...

Thanks,

Bob