[FX.php List] Re: Checkbox

robhelleshoj at tiscali.dk robhelleshoj at tiscali.dk
Thu Apr 6 04:13:26 MDT 2006

Derrick,

> I've never seen the selected/checked value placed in quotes before;
> what happens if you do the selected output without being in quotes
> (but make sure there's a space after the closing quote for the value
> parameter)?

That was part of the problem: there was no space before 'checked'.

> The only other thing I can think of is the difference in the way the
> value list and the actual values are formatted. The value list has
> different separators than the actual field with the checked values, I
> think.
>The valuelist can be changed into an array with split, using "," as
>separator. I am not sure how it is formatted in XML or how FX parses this.
>I need to dig more into this.

True. I used print_r to display the arrays and that way I found out, that I used
the wrong separator in the split function.

>The field with checked values should have each value separated
> by a return (\r), while the value list itself is an actual array, not
> a single field with some arbitrary separation character.

I used \n, not \r.

So the final code became:

<?PHP
$TRK=$Data['Trykkeri'][0];
$TRK2=split("\n",$TRK);

foreach($Vis2ListResult['valueLists']['Trykkeri'] as $key=>$value){
if(in_array($value,$TRK2)){ $Select="checked";}else{$Select="";} ?>
	<input type="checkbox" name="Trykkeri" value="<?PHP echo $value; ?>" <?PHP echo
$Select;?>><?PHP echo $value;
											}?>

Next phase is to use this to also update FileMaker.

Rob