[FX.php List] FX.php and SQL queries against FMSA 8

Andy Gaunt andy at fmpug.com
Wed Apr 5 07:18:08 MDT 2006

And if I may Matt,

For all those doing multiple queries to find related records... start using
portals. The data for portals inside the FX array is just a simple 'for
loop' away from being used and this is much quicker than multiple queries.

We have pages that perform a single query using over 10 portals on the
layout to return information AND build the HTML page (including load
graphics) in under 2 seconds (oh, and we write a new record to FileMaker in
that time and pull ads from an external PHP Ad server).

Andy Gaunt
T: 407.810.4722
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

Recipient of FileMaker's 2005 "Mad Dog" Public Relations Award

For chapter locations, dates & times please visit the website at
http://www.fmpug.com If you can make it to a meeting, please RSVP at
http://www.fmpug.com/rsvp.php