[FX.php List] Fatal error with 'foundCount'

William Akey wcakey at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 11:07:09 MDT 2005

Hi,

As a learning exercise, I have  been working my way through the example code
(with some updating for FM7) in chapter 8 of Advanced FileMaker Pro 6 Web
Development book by Bob Bowers and Steve Lane. However, I have run into the
following error which I cannot solve:

 Fatal error: Cannot use object of type FX_Error as array in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dogwalkers\logon_validate.php on line 21

The code being pointed to is as follows:

***************************

if ($result['foundCount'] == 1) {

session_set_save_handler("sess_open","sess_close","sess_read","sess_write","
sess_destroy","sess_gc");
 setcookie("sid");
 session_start();
 if ($exp) {
   $msg = "Your session has expired.  You must login again.";
   include_once ("logon.php");
   exit;
 }
 $recID = current($result['data']);
 session_register("sessWalkerID");
 session_register("sessWalkerName");
 $sessWalkerID = $recID['WalkerID'][0];
 $sessWalkerName = $recID['WalkerName'][0];
 echo "Logging in... one moment please";
 echo "<meta http-equiv=refresh
content=\"1;url=index.php?area=show_schedule\">";
 exit;
} else {
 $msg = "Unsucessful login attempt.  Please try again.";
 include ("logon.php");
}

I cannot see what is causing the error to occur. Any help with this would be
appreciated.

Thanks

William