[FX.php List] Pasting from Word into textarea doesn't save?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 26 15:41:01 MDT 2005

Hi all
(sorry if this posts twice, it didn't seem to come across the 1st
time I sent it)

I've got a form with a textarea.  When typing directly into it, all
is fine.  When pasting text from a Word document, it's not saving.

When I use echo or print_r on my processing page to see what's in the
field, it displays what I've pasted, but somehow it's not editing my
record.

More info:

a) This form edits both the parent and its children records.  The
children records do still get edited correctly, but none of the
parent fields get edited when this textarea contains text pasted from
Word (all other parent fields are checkboxes).

b) Pasting plain text (e.g. from TextEdit) *does* save correctly, so
this seems to be something getting copied over from Word.

Are there php commands to strip Word mess? (though I do still want to
keep entered hard-returns, etc.)

Might there be some errorcode I can trap?  (How would I do this?
I've only used errorcodes on searches (e.g. $SearchResult
['errorCode']; )

Any suggestions?

TIA,
-Joel

Joel Shapiro - FileMaker Pro Database Design
joelshapiro at jsfmp dot com
http://www.jsfmp.com