[FX.php List] AJAX and FX.php

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Wed Oct 19 12:09:42 MDT 2005

Yep. Type the first number or two of a zip code and wait...

As Marisa pointed out, AJAX into FMSA is VERY FAST for her real-world
applications. I would echo that - my time tracking site has to update
ten records before you can actually see it working. I think one of
the reasons the proof-of-concept site is dog slow is because of the
code we adapted that actually draws the drop down. The other reason
is, the FX call is tied up in the JavaScript instead of being in a
server-side PHP page called by XMLHttpRequest.

Like I said, I'd wish I had time to re-write this myself... I guess I
will if one of my clients pays me to do a drop-down.

Dale