[FX.php List] List of Production Site No-No's

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Fri Oct 7 14:46:42 MDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I went live with my first FX.php site last week.  Phew!  Thanks again
for all the help from this list.

Of course, not all was exactly perfect, and although I worked offline
on major revisions, I found myself making small edits and corrections
to both php files and fmp files on the live system.

Do I hear groans?

On that note, I realize that this is not a good practice....but if
you have to do it...even for a couple of seconds....what are the
absolute No-No's for distracting FileMaker 6 UL on a live system?
Does FileMaker wait? Does it choke?....etc. In at least one case,
layout mode, for instance, I believe FileMaker flips the system out
of layout and performs the task.  In other cases, bad things happen.
;-)

I came up with a list of the atrocities...not admitting that I have
actually had these happen.

FileMaker not running
Filemaker File not open
Filemaker not front application
File not front window
File in Layout mode
File in Preview mode
File in Definition mode.
File Layout not on "web" layout
File running script
File busy with current PHP request
CPU busy with other applications.

Any words of wisdom?

For the record, I'm talking about 'without error capture'....because
I haven't gotten to that chapter yet. ;-)

Jonathan