[FX.php List] Startup problems

Jonathan Woodard woodardj at umich.edu
Tue Nov 29 09:39:52 MST 2005

Hi,
	So, I'm just getting started working with FX, because my employer
wants to migrate some of our web presence from FileMaker's "Lasso"
language to the more common, robust, PHP.  I am also new to
Filemaker, which may be the source of some of my woes.

When I try and get my FX object set up to communicate with the
database, nothing happens...

<code>
	$dataObject = new FX("127.0.0.1" , 80);
	$returnedData = $dataObject->FMDBNames();

	print_r($returnedData);
	echo "=================================================";
	print_r($dataObject);
</code>

so i added those print_r statements to try and figure out what was
up.  (for the $returnedData,) I get an object dump that appears to
contain a stacktrace.  The root issue seems to be:

fx_error Object ( [error_message_prefix] => [mode] => 1 [level] =>
1024 [code] => 100 [message] => FX: cURL could not retrieve Post data
in RetrieveFM7Data(). A bad URL is the most likely reason. [userinfo]
=> [backtrace] =>
(I can post the backtrace if that would be helpful, but it just runs
back to the "FMDBNames" call in the above snippet of code.)

I have tried with a number of different IPs, the literal IP we use to
connect FMPro7 clients to the database, as well as a DNS name of the
database server, and this 127.0.0.1.  Unfortunately, the existing
Lasso has no indication of a URL anywhere... (which lead me to try
this localhost loopback)  Is there some configuration on the
FileMaker side I've missed?  What else could this error be indicative
of?

Thanks in advance for any insights on this issue... I guess I'll post
this to the forum as well, since the mailing list is new (and I'm not
sure how many people are on the mailing list yet)

Jonathan Woodard
Web Software Developer
U of M School of Music