[FX.php List] FoundCount FMAS 7 vs FM 6

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Tue Nov 15 16:27:13 MST 2005

Kim,

I haven't spent a ton of time finding out WHY, but I found the same
thing when I started to migrate my applications, and I did exactly
what you proposed, works fine.

When I'm authenticating a user, I just use :

if ($r['foundCount'] == 1) {
     //all is fine
} else {
     // no user found...
}

otherwise:

if ($r['foundCount'] <= 0) {

On Nov 15, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Kim Hawksworth wrote:

> I’m in the process of converting my FX.php applications from FM 6
> to FMAS 7.  I typically use the following code at the start of my
> search results pages:
>

> <?php
>
> If ($search_results[‘foundCount’] == 0) {
>
> echo “No Results Found!”;
>
> }else{
>
> Display table of results;
>
> }
>
> ?>
>
> In FMSA 7 this returns an empty table of results instead of the “No
> Results Found!” statement.  If I put an echo $search_results
> [‘foundCount’]; statement on the page, FMSA 7 returns a  -1 instead
> of 0 when it finds no records matching the search criteria.  Is
> there a way to force FMSA 7 to return 0 instead of -1?
>
> I suppose I could change the criteria of the if statement to  <= 0,
> however, this just doesn’t seem right.  Has anyone else come across
> this difference in the [‘foundCounts’] function between the two
> versions and what have you done as a workaround?
>

> --
> Kim D. Hawksworth, R.Ph., Web Manager
> Department of Pharmacy
> The Ohio State University Health System