[FX.php List] Problem with editing record.

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Fri May 27 17:13:32 MDT 2005

Something else to consider in FM7SA:

if you try to hit one of the records and the related field on that
record is not valid (or does  not exist), you'll get an error.  If
you place that related field within your layout within a portal of
the same relationship, then if there is no data, it will still function.

This has fixed SEVERAL problems for me when migrating to 7.

HTH,

Michael

On May 27, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> Beware everything in here is casesensitive.
>
> Gjermund
>
> On 5/27/05, Chris Hansen <chris at iviking.org> wrote:
>

>> Matt,
>>
>> Actually, there are four fields (Fname and Lname are there, too.)
>> I'd
>> check a couple of things:
>>
>> 1) Are the fields present AND writable on the layout that you're
>> accessing (web_layout).
>>
>> 2) Has the relationship been renamed at all?
>>
>> You also might try either renaming your relationship, or creating a
>> duplicate that doesn't have spaces in the name and see if that helps.
>> HTH
>>
>> --Chris Hansen
>>    creator of FX.php
>>    "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
>>    www.iViking.org
>>
>> On May 27, 2005, at 9:47 AM, Matt Simpson wrote:
>>

>>> I'm having a problem while updating records using FX.php and I'm
>>> really not sure what the problem is. I'm wondering if maybe someone
>>> has some insight. The following is an example of what I'm trying to
>>> submit:
>>>
>>> http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=mydatabase.fp7&-
>>> lay=web_layout&-max=1&-
>>> recid=101&Fname=John&Lname=Doe&to+courses+on+OPHRDCNum::

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org