[FX.php List] did Filemaker through PHP without FMServer come out?

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed May 25 11:43:34 MDT 2005

Lynn,

First off, let me clarify that FX.php does NOT need to be on the same
machine as FileMaker, it just needs to be able to communicate with a
machine running FileMaker.  So, your web server could be running on
Linux, and simply communicate with a Windows machine (for example)
running FileMaker 7 Server Advanced that lives behind the firewall.

That said, you may also be thinking of CAFEphp from FMWebschool, which
allows you to connect directly to FileMaker 7 client.  However, CAFEphp
(from what I've seen) does need to be running on the same machine as
FileMaker and the web server.  Contact the folks at FMWebschool for
more information about this.

Does either of those sound like what you're talking about?  If not,
what configuration were you hoping for?

Best,

--Chris Hansen
   creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org